The present policy of processing and protection of personal data (hereinafter the “Policy”) provides information concerning the collection, storage, processing and use of your personal data.
The “OTEAcademy” company (or the “Company”) with registered offices in Maroussi of Attica, on Spartis 1 str. and Pelika str, protects and respects your personal data (also “ Personal Data” or “Data”) and complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Council and the Council of April 27th 2016).
For any queries concerning the current Policy as well as any issue pertaining to your Data processing and the exercise of your rights, you may contact the Company’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. About OTEAcademy
OTEAcademy (www.oteacademy.gr) is dedicated to providing pioneering educational services contributing to the development of the modern entrepreneur. OTEAcademy’s aim is to offer educational solutions which cater to companies’ business needs in a complete way and at the same time to provide professionals with equipment and knowledge which can be utilized both in personal and professional level.
2. What is personal data?
The term “personal data” refers to natural persons’ information, such as name and surname, postal address, email address, contact phone numbers etc, which determine or could determine your identity.
3. What is the Processing of Personal Data?
It involves any action or series of actions performed with or without the use of automated means to personal Data or to sets of personal data. Such actions include collection, registration, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, information search, use, disclosure through transmission, dissemination or any other form of release, association or combination, limitation, deletion or destruction.
4. Categories of personal data we collect and the purpose of doing this.
When you contact us (e.g. through the Contact Form of our webpage or in any other way) in order to express your interest in the Education, Hosting and Certification services, which we provide, or/and to subscribe to our newsletter, we collect and process your communication data, such as name, surname, contact phone number, email address.
“Cookies” are small file pieces in text form, which are saved in your browser when you visit our website.
We use only the cookies which are absolutely necessary. The absolutely necessary cookies are essential for the correct function of the website. They allow you browse it and use its functions, like the access to safe domains. These cookies do not recognize your individual identity. Without these cookies we cannot offer you an effective function of our website.
The data collected according to cookies policy are erased according to cookies policy.
Under no circumstances are sensitive data collected and processed.
6. How we collect data
The webpage collects data which users give us in one or more of the following ways:
– during their subscriptions to newsletters
– during the completion of any form in our webpage
– Information such as their IP address is automatically collected.
The processing of users’ personal data by the webpage takes place after the user has been informed and has consented to this action. The Company fully complies with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU (GDPR).
7. How long we retain your personal data
OTEACADEMY retains your personal data, as above-mentioned in paragraph 1, as follows:
– In case of provision of Education, Hosting and Certification services, after the Expression of Interest, your personal data are retained for as long as the services remain active. After you terminate any contract or the Services are definitively terminated for any reason, your personal data are retained for a maximum of 14 months following the date of the termination, unless a longer time period of retention is specified by law.
– In case of no provision of Education, Hosting and Certification services, after the Expression of Interest, your personal data are retained for a maximum of 14 months.
– For Newsletter dispatch, your personal data are retained for as long as the service remains active. After you terminate the service for any reason, your personal data are retained for a maximum of 14 months following the date of the termination, unless a longer time period of retention is specified by Law.
– For communication through email or Contact Form, your personal data are retained for a maximum of 14 months following the date of the communication, unless a longer time period of retention is specified by Law.
8. Will OTEACADEMY process your personal data for other purposes?
OTEACADEMY will not process your personal data for purposes other than those mentioned above. In case OTEACADEMY wishes to use your personal data for other purposes, this will be done only after you have been informed accordingly and you have clearly consented to this action.
9. Recipients of personal data
All the above-mentioned services may be recipients of personal data.
– OTEACADEMY is likely to transmit data to third-party companies which it cooperates with and have registered offices in Greece for the development, support and provision of the services mentioned above and which follow the processing rules and security demands set by OTEACADEMY. Data transmission involves only cases of further technical support (e.g. for resolving technical problems). The data which may be transmitted include:
– Name and surname
– contact phone number
– email address
This data processing takes place in the premises of the cooperating companies which are located in Greece.
With the exception of the above-mentioned recipients, OTEACADEMY does not disclose, process or publish your personal data to third parties unless there are cases when their notification/transmission is imposed by the current legislation.
10. What are your rights, as a user of the Services, concerning the processing of your personal data?
You have the following rights:
– The Right to information/Transparency: You have the right to know who processes your data, which ones they are and for which reason.
– The Right to access: You have the right to ask for free access to your Data.
– The Right to rectification: You have the right to ask for rectification of inaccurate personal data and for completion of incomplete personal data.
– The Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): You have the right to ask for the deletion of Data under certain circumstances, as in the case when the Data are no longer necessary or when you have revoked your consent.
– The Right to the restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Data for as long as the review of your objections concerning processing is pending.
– The Right to data portability: You have the right to ask for the transfer of your Data to a different person in charge of processing
– The Right to objection: You have the right to object to the processing of your Data and we will stop processing them unless there are other compelling reasons or legal grounds which take precedence over your right. If you have expressed your consent to the collection, processing and use of your Data, you can revoke it at any time, without retroactive effect.
Moreover, you reserve the right to submit a written complaint to the competent supervisory authority concerning personal data protection, i.e. to the State Data Inspectorate, which is located on 1-3 Kifissias Ave., postal code 115 23, Athens, phone number: +30 210 6475600, email address: email@example.com
11. What are the identity and contact details of the company in charge of processing personal data?
The company under the name “OTE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY S.A.” (“OTEACADEMY”) is responsible for processing personal data. The company is registered in Maroussi, Attica (1 Spartis str. and Pelika str.) with contact phone number 2106114400.
12. Who can you contact about issues concerning your personal data protection?
In order to exercise your rights arising out of the relevant current legislation about personal data protection (General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU, Law 4624/2019) you can send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the company headquarters located on 1 Spartis str. and Pelika str., postal code 151 22, Maroussi, Attica.
For any queries you can contact us by phone on 210 6114400.
13. What kinds of measures are taken for the protection of your personal data?
OTEACADEMY takes all appropriate organizational and technical measures for data security and their protection against random or unintended destruction, random loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and any other form of unlawful processing.
It also has Security Policies and Procedures for the protection of your personal data. As a member of the OTE Group, OTEACADEMY has adopted the Binding Corporate Rules Privacy for the protection of personal data during data transmission between Deutsche Telekom Group’s companies (BCRP). The full text of BCRP CAN be found here: https://www.cosmote.gr/mobile/cosmoportal/page/T37/xml/Company__articleadvanced__asfaleia-pliroforion/section/Corporate_Governance.
As an example, some of the measures applied are:
– Authentication and access mechanisms to the systems processing personal data via system entry and file access with a strong – hard password which is changed regularly.
– Personal data encryption.
– Restricted access to personal data on the basis of the “need-to-know” principle.
– Recording and monitoring of access to personal data.
– Implementation of data leakage prevention system.
– Use of modern operating computer systems, which are constantly updated.
– Use of antivirus software.
– Activation of Firewall in the computer.
– Guarding of the premises with alarm system and security lock.
– Safekeeping of all printed files inside cabinets which are locked.
– Encrypted storage and transfer/transmission.
– Rational use of cameras covering only the absolutely necessary space through video surveillance.
14. Other communication issues
OTEACADEMY is not responsible for any leakage of your personal data owing to your notification through third-party web pages or other web pages on the internet.
15. What is the law applicable during your Data processing by us?
The Law applicable is the Greek Law, as constituted in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU, law 4624/2019 and, in general, with the existing national and European legislative and regulatory framework for personal data protection. In case any disputes related to your Data should arise, the competent courts are the Courts of Athens.
16. How are you going to be informed about any amendments of the current Policy?
We update the current Policy whenever it is necessary. If there are important changes to the Policy or to the way in which we use your Personal Data, we will publish the update of the present Policy on our webpage before the changes enter into force and we will notify you through any appropriate means. You are encouraged to read the current Policy at regular intervals so as to know how your Data are protected.
February 19th 2020